Please note – Due to exams in the sports hall, Badminton session will start on the 22nd January 2024. We look forward to seeing you all very soon.
Oakham Sports Centre are pleased to announce Badminton classes taking place in the sports centre. Classes will be instructed by a professional coach.
If you’re looking to switch up your usual fitness regime and get away from the gym, badminton can be a fantastic alternative. It provides a heart-racing workout, some great health benefits and can be played socially, as well as competitively.
BENEFITS OF BADMINTON
Badminton offers a whole host of benefits ranging from:
- Badminton is a Total Body Workout – While you’re lunging, diving, running and getting your heart pumping, playing a game of badminton can help you burn around 450 calories an hour. The varied movements provide a powerful cardio workout by engaging the entire body, including the hamstrings, quads, calves and your core.
- Badminton Improves Your Mental Wellbeing
- Heart Health
- Badminton Helps Reduce Health Risks
- Increased Life Expectancy – A Danish study carried out on 9,000 people, found that playing a racket-based sport such as badminton can increase your life expectancy by approximately six years. Football can increase life expectancy by more than four years, while cycling, swimming and jogging can each boost life expectancy by over three years.
- Improved Mobility
- Child Friendly – With kids getting more and more tech savvy, using smart phones, tablets and the TV as forms of entertainment. It can sometimes be difficult to motivate your children to get out and about and take part in physical activity outside of school. By bringing them to a badminton class they’ll be able to learn about the importance of health and fitness and learn new skills.
“Staff are very helpful and friendly. They always make us feel welcome and the children enjoy their experience in the swimming pool.”
– Matt Smith – Brooke Priory School
|Badminton Classes Timetable
|6.00pm – 7.00pm
|7 – 12 years
|7.00pm – 8.00pm
|13 – 17 years
|8.00pm – 9.00pm
|Adult Casual Play
|9.00pm – 10.00pm
|11.00am – 12.00pm
|Adult Women’s only
|12.00pm – 1.00pm
|Adults with additional needs – Carers welcome
|1.00pm – 2.00pm
|Children with additional needs – Carers welcome
Classes running 7pm to 10pm on a Monday, first class is charged at £4.00 per class (per member) then any extra classes attended on the same date are £2.00 per class.
Please call 01572 758754 to book (only bookable 7 days in advance). Prior booking recommended to avoid disappointment.
For more information contact Oakham School Enterprises Ltd: email@example.com or Tel: 01572 758754
Oakham Sports Centre, Kilburn Road, Oakham. LE15 6QN
Don’t forget to take a look at our other activities taking place within the Sports Centre:
Includes Squash, Swimming and Gym use on a membership or pay-as-you-go option.
An Action packed day full of fun for children from 8yrs to 15yrs.
Tennis and Football sessions running weekly for all ages.