Oakham School is proud to offer its first-rate sports facilities to sports academies during school holidays.
The extensive facilities at Oakham are ideal for football, rugby, hockey, lacrosse, swimming, triathlon and all racquet sports.
Oakham School is a well-recognised training ground for national squads. We offer more than 40 acres of the best grass playing areas in the country, a multi-purpose sports centre, an indoor pool, two floodlit all-weather pitches for hockey and tennis, squash courts, a strength and conditioning room, fives courts and a fitness centre.
Our facilities available for hire to sports academies, clubs and teams cover a range of sports including:
- Football – flood-lit Astro-turf and grass pitches
- Hockey – Astro-turf and grass pitches
- Rugby – Leicester Tigers RUFC uses Oakham facilities for part of its regular season training.
- Swimming – Oakham School has its own 25-metre pool, suitable for advanced swimming coaching and gala competitions
Sports academies using Oakham School facilities will also have access to:
- A well-equipped fitness suite for strength and conditioning
- The BAFS Pavilion
- Wilson Pavilion
- Two lecture theatres
- Classrooms, workshop spaces and social areas
- Spacious grounds for breakout sessions
- Office space with Wi-Fi, printers, dedicated land line number for the staff office, photocopying and printing services
Several sports schools already enjoy the use of our first-class sports facilities. Existing users of our facilities include:
- Specialist Soccer Tours – see http://www.specialistsoccertours.co.uk/academy-festival.html
- MT13 Hockey Camps – https://mt13.co.uk/
- R2R Tennis Programmes – http://www.r2rtennis.co.uk
- Arsenal Soccer School – http://www.studyholidays.com/programmes/arsenal-soccer.htm#programmes
- Saracens Rugby School – http://www.studyholidays.com/locations/uk/oakham.htm
- Stretford Swim Club – http://stretfordasc.org.uk/ 4 days – intensive squad training and in-house gala.
Our team at Oakham School wants to make your stay as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible.
We have ten comfortable boarding houses available – all on campus – so there is no need to go off-site if you don’t want to.
Our boarding houses offer you a total of 600 guest beds. Each house has its own individual style and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. House sizes range from 36 to 70 beds in single, twins, and multiple occupant rooms with either cabin beds or bunk beds with a study desk, wardrobe and sink in each room. Clean, modern bathroom and shower facilities are provided on a shared basis.
Each of the houses has a spacious and comfortable common room with a TV, DVD facilities and Wi-fi.
Each House also includes its own kitchen and a garden or open space with barbecue facilities. Free onsite parking is provided within a short walk from the House.
All Houses are also within easy walking distance of all our facilities, the Sports Centre and the central Barraclough Dining Hall.
As well as comfortable, clean accommodation, our Boarding Houses also provide:
- In-house kitchen and laundry
- Laundry service if required
- Towels available if needed
- Daily cleaners
- In House provisions provided on arrival
Our accommodation is provided on a full-board basis.
Delicious food – and lots of it – is served daily in the Barraclough Dining Hall. Help yourself from our self-service servery.
Special dietary requirements including sports nutrition, vegan and vegetarian options are catered for.
Packed lunches are available for early arrivals, late departures, daytrips and activity outings.
When you are not training for your sport there is a wide range of sports and leisure activities to fill your free time. Oakham School is the perfect venue for sport and leisure activities:
- Indoor heated swimming pool – with kayaks and water polo facilities
- Fitness centre and weights room
- Grass and Astro-turf pitches for games
- Tennis, badminton, squash courts
- Small climbing wall
- Sports Hall – basketball, volley ball
- Cooking/Food and Nutrition workshop
- Art and Design studios
Oakham is a pretty, traditional market town. Bustling with activity, it boasts a regular twice weekly market. A trip to the market could coincide with a visit to one of the numerous cafes, or restaurants.
For those interested in the history of the area, there are many beautiful and notable sites to explore such as Oakham Castle.
Rutland Water is close by. The reservoir has renowned water sports facilities and stunning nature and wildfowl reserves. There is also an outdoor adventure centre and cycling and walking routes to enjoy.
Road links are excellent. Towns such as Stamford, Melton Mowbray and Corby are within easy distance. Leicester and Nottingham are within 35 miles of the school.
Oakham railway station provides links to Birmingham, Leicester, Peterborough, Cambridge and easy direct access to Stansted Airport.
For more details or help arranging a residential stay for your sports academy or club please call the Oakham School Enterprises team today on 01572 758754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org